Festive frolics + Christmas over-indulgence = lack of beauty sleep, serious eye bags and skin mojo levels rapidly declining? Fear not, read on for our no-fools guide to flawless skin over the season...
- Start the day with apple cider vinegar or/and lemon water - Both ACV and lemon water have been hailed as a beauty and wellness miracle workers for quite some time now, as some feel that sipping it first thing in the morning helps to detoxify the body, allowing your skin to stay hydrated and look equally radiant. This nifty trick rebalances acid-alkaline levels in the body and calms inflammation, in turn, helps the skin to glow from inside-out, from dawn til dusk.
- Care for your lymph with dry body brushing - During the winter, we naturally move the body less (hibernation mode, anybody?) and one of best benefits of exercise is it shifts the lymph (a crucial player in the detoxification game). Another way to seriously love your lymph is dry body brushing. Most experts recommend dry-brushing in the morning, rather than before bed, because they believe that by stimulating your nervous system, it makes you feel invigorated. Dry-brushing not only sweeps away dead skin cells to improve the appearance of the skin, but most poignantly helps to detoxify by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph flow/drainage.
- Ramp up your skincare routine with twice-weekly facial masks. The process of applying a face mask is simple and easy and it gives you immense benefits such as, refining pores, firming the skin and improving texture and evenness. Try our favourite, Evolve Beauty's Radiant Glow Mask: an organic clay face mask blended with raw cacao powder and the teeny coconut granules, buffing the skin to silky perfection. Natural sugar extracts turn the exfoliating mask into a creamy milk leaving skin smooth, moisturised and calm.
- This one's free and the easiest: hydrate hydrate hydrate. The skin is the body's largest organ and its mostly made up of water. Without ample amounts of H2O, the skin becomes dry, tight, flaky, and more prone to ageing. So up your hydration levels to 6-8 pints of water a day and try to keep them at room temperature (or slightly warm) to nourish the organs of digestion most effectively.
- Think about night skin care. We recommend either a sumptuous oil for your skin and especially Lernberger Stafsing's Night Cream, as they know that the importance of ‘beauty sleep’ is no fairytale. Their night cream contains a concoction of active ingredients including Retinol and Niacinamide to plump, hydrate and strengthen the skin. The result? Brighter, moisturised and more even skin that will guarantee this cream a permanent spot in your night time regime, not only during the festive season.