Fast, delicious and arguably nutritious you truly can't go wrong with these cookie dough balls, except that you'll want to eat the entire batch in one go. By all means to speed up the process, you don't have to do the final coating of chocolate and can leave them cutely naked! Makes approximately 10/12 bite size balls. Here it is:
i n g r e d i e n t s :150g oats
100g ground almonds
pinch pink himalayan salt
160ml maple syrup
6 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g of your favourite dark chocolate chopped into mini choccie-chip size bits
100g of your favourite dark chocolate for your exterior coating, too.
m e t h o d :
- Whizz your oats in a food processor or blender to form a flour (this will only take around 30 seconds).
- Mix the floured oats, ground almonds, and pink salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly. Finally, stir in your dark chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mix to the fridge for 1/2 hours until slightly firmer, so not too sticky to roll into balls.
- Roll your mixture in your palms to form perfect little circles and pop onto some baking paper on a tray. Allow to set in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Melt your favourite 100g dark chocolate in a glass bowl over boiling water in a saucepan. Remove from the heat for 5 minutes then proceed to roll your cookie dough bites in the melted chocolate mix, ensuring to cover the entire surface. Once entirely coated, pop back onto the baking paper tray to allow to set for another 30 minutes/1 hour in the fridge.